Come and join our Society!
If you are interested in joining us, perhaps you would like to find out further information about how you can help?
CURRENT VOLUNTEER POSITIONS AVAILABLE....
We are currently requiring a Wig Mistress. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in this position. Here is an overview of what is required:
- To attend initial Creative team meetings to establish the Directors ideas for hair.
- To attend rehearsals to establish cast list and familiarise with Characters.
- To organise a team of ‘hairdressers' to be available for dress rehearsals and performances.
- To keep stock of all hair products, accessories and equipment.
- To purchase hair products necessary for the particular show.
- To create required hair styles and fashion wigs for the necessary shows.
- To maintain and care for all the stock of wigs and accessories stored at the Theatre.
- To be responsible for clearing up at the end of shows and cleaning and maintain all the necessary equipment.
Also, we require some administrative assistance with running this FAOS website. If you would like to find out more about what is involved, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As well as on stage, acting, singing etc, we are also looking for volunteers in other areas. This includes front of house Theatre staff, box office etc and also understage and backstage members to assist during shows. Please click on 'see gallery' to view a selection of images from our last open day which included a tour of the theatre and it's facilities, along with some images of the new props dock being built, a facility that is now much used for FAOS shows.
Volunteers are also needed to help backstage during Show performances, including people that can sew and who are able to do minor alternations etc. Please email us stating what you can offer and when and to find out further information about what would be required. All offers will be gratefully received. Dressers will be needed before and during each of the performances.
FAOS is entirely an organisation of people who love musical theatre and the age range is from 8 to 88. We are all amateurs. Some want to be on stage, to sing, to dance, to act. Some prefer to help behind the scenes. Everybody is a member simply and only because they want to be involved and they want to be part of the best musical theatre group for many miles.
You too can be involved. You may have a particular talent and would love to be on the stage. Or maybe you can make things, organise things, write, pull on ropes and so on. It doesn’t matter, because the Society is large and diverse enough for there to be a place for everybody.
The Frome Memorial Theatre is our home. We perform there and we rehearse in the Assembly Rooms behind. To be a part of FAOS you do need to become a member, the current fee subscription is £18 which covers the period from now until the end of March 2014.
We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to our Society.